Welcome to DP
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
Fairview KL is authorised for the Diploma Programme (DP). The DP is for students aged 16 to 19.
DP Admission & Scholarship
August Admission – Kuala Lumpur Campus
Fairview International School (KL) is offering scholarships for its International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme commencing in August every year at the Kuala Lumpur Campus.
This scholarship is aimed at deserving high achievers. Places are limited so apply as soon as you can!
Students select 6 subjects from the list below, one in each group except group 6(which is optional), and thereafter decide which 3 subjects to pursue on a Higher Level, and 3 on a Standard level.
GROUP SUBJECTS OFFERED (KUALA LUMPUR CAMPUS)
- Group 1 – English (Language and Literature), Mandarin A*
- Group 2 – Spanish, Mandarin (Ab initio and Lan B), English B*
- Group 3 – Business & Management, Economics, Psychology, ITGS*
- Group 4 – Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Group 5 – Mathematical studies, Mathematics
- Group 6 – Visual Art*, Music*
*Please note that the above is only a selection of suggested pathways and ones that have been popular with our students in the past. You are not limited to this list.
**For more information: IBDP Subject Choice Guide
- Deadline for Scholarship applications : 30 April 2017
As the first IB School in Malaysia to offer the continuum of 3 Programmes, Fairview International School understands the importance of the continuity of IB education and is wholly committed to delivering education at its highest levels. As a part of our commitment to the values rooted in the IB philosophy, we are offering scholarships to deserving students.
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 in SPM or “O”Levels. Other attributes sought after are passion, discipline, diligence, adaptability, leadership, social & personal maturity and a desire to achieve something great. Students are encouraged to apply with their forecast results.
The application process have already started and it is to your advantage to apply early.
- If you would like to apply for IBDP, please fill in the following form: Subject selection & Student Details form. If you’re applying for the scholarship, please indicate that in the corresponding box in the form.
- Download and fill in the Fairview Student Application Form. Prepare the accompanying documents, e.g trial results and testimonials (certified copies). Email the Fairview Student Application form along with all the relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates will be invited to a scholarship interview.
- Candidates should bring additional documents (Photocopies of CV, evidence of financial viability, ECA records, and additional recommendations/certificates) to the interview session.
- The school management will make decision on which candidates are offered the scholarship after the interview.
- Successful candidates will be invited to the contract signing session to finalise the scholarship and admission details.
- WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!
If you need information and assistance, please contact – email@example.com
GROUP SUBJECTS OFFERED (KUALA LUMPUR CAMPUS)
Check out some reasons why the IBDP is a world renowned pre-university programme:
- The International Baccalaureate Is A Model for Educating Global Citizens
- Successful School Curriculum Under Attack
- The International Baccalaureate Offers an Ideal System of Standards for All Students
- A-level Results: record numbers get into university but pass rate falls
- 10 Reasons To Join The IBDP
- How IB Schools are using Technology
Quotes from University admissions personnel and educators About The IBDP
- International Baccalaureate Students studying at UK Higher Education Institutions: How do they fare?
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme: Examining College Readiness
- ACS releases University Admissions Officers Report 2014
- IB is top passport to international education
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Choose IBDP
- Why The IB Is Better Than A-Levels
- A- Levels Phased Out? Call To Reform Outdated System -Huffington Post UK (January 2014)
3rd year of Consistently High IB Diploma results
Fairview International School’s class of 2016 graduates with a class average of 36.5! We thank all our learners for their hard work, belief in themselves and determination. Our gifted educators have equally blessed our programme with every subject beating the world average and many obtaining class averages close to that perfect 7!
Congratulations to our Fairview MYP student Khaw Ann Li from Subang campus who topped the class with a whopping 42 points out of 45! Close in the running are Frank Looi, Lau Jo-Ezer and Vu Quang Duy with a score of 41 points each.
Fairview is committed to ensuring ALL our children do well, receiving students non-selectively and moulding these precious gifts placed in our charge into diamonds. To understand how well our children achieved, 56% of the class scored over 38 points (as a benchmark a student requires 38 points to go to Oxford University); more than half the class of 2016 are capable of entering Oxford University!
The following is a statistical summary of Fairview’s IB Diploma results against world averages:
Our little birds have now spread their wings, reaching the shores of Hong Kong, Australia, UK, US, Europe and Canada. Here are some of their university destinations.
We congratulate all members of the FISKL IBDP class of 2016 for their well-deserved academic achievement. As educators it has been our privilege to have been a part of your road to success. Ever Onwards.
Be “UNCOMMON” And Be “LIBERATED”…
“I don’t know. I really don’t know what to do. Everyone’s asking me the same question and expecting me to know!” I sigh as my student buries her face in her hands out of frustration. After 6 years of running the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma at Fairview, every student we meet still has the same answer to that horrible question. “What do you want to do after high school?” Students are often pressured into making a lifelong decision after they finish high school, “Science stream or Art stream? What career should I choose? What programme should I pick? Which one gets me to my goal (whatever it may be) faster?” With the average adult changing jobs 5 times before the age of 35 why do we ask our young children to narrow their options at 18?
She asks if she should pursue the A levels, with its exam-oriented approach and simple 3 subjects. She asks if she should think about a quick, one-year foundation programme (e.g. foundation in medicine) but she is worried about committing too early as they often require that you choose a tertiary programme. She asks about how her family will cope with the increasing cost of college and tertiary education.
We share with her that at this age she should be thinking about becoming an educated adult, not getting ready for a profession. We share with her that she needs to develop a strong character, acquiring essential life skills and finding out more about the world. We share with her that the real question she has to answer is “What great problem could I dedicate my life to solving?” We advise her that she shouldn’t rush this choice, that she has over 40 years of working life to figure out her professional career and that the uncertainty never ends. We advise her to apply for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) scholarship at Fairview International School.
Founded in 1968, the IB Diploma is a 2-year programme that has rapidly gained recognition internationally. American Universities like Harvard, Stanford and Duke have repeatedly stated they prefer the IB Diploma. Research by the UK government conclusively proved that IB DP students are twice as likely to be admitted to the top 10 universities in the UK as compared to A level students. University feedback confirms that IB Diploma students are academically strong if not stronger than others in traditional rote learning programmes, but come prepared with an array of life skills and often possess a great sense of purpose characterised by their love for humanity.
The IBDP provides an “UNFAIR” advantage to students when competing for university placements and career paths. We share with the student that the IB Diploma student is different from other pre-university students. That they have a sense of purpose and are driven to succeed. We share that the IB Diploma student yearns to be different from many other students, uniquely equipped with the transferable skills to succeed in an unknown future full of uncertainties. We share with her that the programme allows students to discover and develop confidence in who they are, what do they believe in and how to continually refine their character in their future. We ask her “what does she want from her college education? A quick fix certificate to congratulate her on how well she can fill in an exam paper? Or to become an “Uncommon” student of the world, filled with purpose, strong of character and skilled.
Over the last 5 years, Fairview International School has offered over RM 1.2 million in scholarships every year for students to pursue the IBDP programme. In 2015, the IB Diploma at Fairview achieved an average of 36 points out of a maximum 45 points, amongst the highest scores in the world.
Find out how you can transform your life with the IB Diploma at Fairview and “BE UNCOMMON”. Apply now through our website at www.fairview.edu.my or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call at 03 4142 0888 for more details.
Kuala Lumpur Campus Diploma Promgramme