1. Class size
The student-teacher ratio is 10:1 for the primary and secondary classes.
2. Does the school accept any special need student?
No we don’t accept any special need student.
3. Teacher Qualification
All our teachers from PYP are university graduates, who possess a minimum bachelors degree.
4. Details about the school’s academic results
The school has an excellent academic record, as our average IBDP results is equivalent to four A*s in the A levels
5. Discipline standards
We have a strict discipline policy and every student has a handbook to guide them about the school’s discipline. We also provide pastoral care, counselling and coaching as well.
6. What are the security measures taken by the school?
Yes, we have CCTV placed in strategic locations. We also have a pick up system, where parents/guardians are provided electronic tags as a security measure, to “drop and pick up” their children.
7. What nationalities are the learners?
How many percentage of Malaysian and foreign students?
We have learners from as many as 65 countries studying at Fairview International School.
8. Can learners commence school at mid-term?
Anytime or specified term for certain level?
Yes, they can commence at anytime. Ideally, however, we encourage students to enrol during the start of the semester. Our semesters, start on :
Semester 1 (August)
Semester 2 (January)
*Open for rolling application
9. What time does the school start and finish?
8.00am – 1.00pm – Reception up to Grade 1
7.20am – 1.20pm – Grade 2 up to Grade 11
1.50pm – 3.10pm – Additional class/Co-curricular Activities
Price range, contract based with school?
Directly deal with registered transporter, for more information please contact the school at 03 41420888.
11. If our child facing difficulties in English, any special programme to help them?
We have English Support Programme (ESP) with a fee of RM2000 for PYP and RM3000 for MYP per semester.
12. How does the school communicate with parent?
We have parent portal called Class Dojo for PYP students.
We also have Managebac for MYP students. Most used by parents are WhatsApp, Email, By Appointment and Parent-Teacher forums.
13. What kind of entry assessment?
English and Maths Placement Test and Interviews are required.
Please do provide us the full fees charge to parent, ie: Admission Fee, Deposit Fee, Security Fee, Facilities Fee
How much percentage and frequent fee revise? Any sibling discounts? How is the payment term?
You can refer to our website at www.fairview.edu.my
British National Curriculum (IGCSE)
International Baccalaureate (IB)
16. Are there any scholarships available?
Scholarships are available for International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and NCUK International Foundation Year.
17. Are there specific criteria to determine student’s placement in class?
Like class A or B?
18. Outreach / Field trip
How frequent per year?
We have Expeditions twice a year, where students get to travel with their teachers to many exotic destinations in China, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam and Loas among others and a once a year visit to our Port Dickson EduResort.
19. Offer boarding facilities?
How much per year?
Yes we do. The boarding estimated cost is RM6000 per semester.
20. What are the foreign languages taught
Bahasa Malaysia is compulsory for Malaysian students. Mandarin is compulsory for all Fairview students. We also offer Spanish for our Diploma Programme students.
21. How much uniform per set?
For girls, the cost per uniform is RM106.00, while for boys, the cost per uniform is RM80 only.
22. How much per meal or any meal plan offer or compulsory?
There is no meal plan provided at Fairview. Food prices at our canteen are moderately priced. We have vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, which respects the religious sensitivities of our students.
23. Where is your school located?
We have 5 campuses in total
- Kuala Lumpur campus is located at 4178, Jalan 1/27d, Seksyen 6 Wangsa Maju, 53300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Subang campus is located at 2A, Jalan TP 2, Taman Perindustrian Uep, 47600 Subang Jaya, Selangor
- Ipoh campus is located at Lapangan Suria 4, Medan Lapangan Suria, 31350 Ipoh, Negeri Perak
- Johor campus is located at Lot PTD 168450, Jalan Dato’ Onn Utama, Bandar Dato’ Onn, Mukim Tebrau, Daerah Johor Bahru
- Penang campus is located at Tingkat Bukit Jambul 1, Bukit Jambul Indah, 11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang
24. What is the difference between National and International syllabus?
The national syllabus is Malay based, exam based and regimented while international syllabus is English based, holistic learning and three-dimensional.
25. How long is the Withdrawal notice?
Refund of deposit.
One full academic semester for notice of withdrawal.